Tuesday 5 January 2016

This sure got ridiculous fast

First time I see a theory for time travel that is truly symmetric in the time arrow, and abides by modern space-time continuum understanding. Also first time I see this taken to its logical end. Anthropomorphic principle in its best: Gaku-chan became the robots. Final verdict: 10/10, would recommend to anybody.

edit: I was more wordy over in fufufu, may as well copy it here too

The pacing of Qualia was… strange. If it wasn't for all the crazed faces, I'd say the novel would certainly have worked much better. Also the first volume and the other two have different feel, different ideas, and different execution. After all, the first volume is for Yukari, while the other two for Gaku-chan.

That aside, it was near perfect. Top traits?
T-symmetrical time travel. You've no idea how much this has annoyed me in all theories that don't depend on a "single timeline / you can't change fate" assumption. What is presented in Qualia fits perfectly in the modern understanding of the space-time continuum.
It's my type of chuunibyou. Yes, I was exactly eight grade when I started reading about string theory and cosmology, thank you very much for asking. Speaking of this, I'm kinda surprised they didn't mention "sum of histories". It's exactly up Qualia's vein.
They don't overexplain Yukari.
Gaku-chan is the robots.
I actually liked what Alice did. She was a nice character, and I do work mathematics, so I'd know.
And it was quite satisfying to see the prerequisites for Gaku-chan to become more powerful: it was just knowledge, new viewpoints. Specifically, the theory of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment