Saturday 16 October 2021

Re: Shaft

[2:14 PM] It's me: using studios to describe things will never not get annoying. Preferred if people or cultural terms are used to and referred to describe things
[2:15 PM] erejnion: sometimes it's the only correct way however
[2:15 PM] It's me: Nah. There's probably a term established by the culture for that
[2:16 PM] erejnion: nope
[2:17 PM] It's me: If you take into account Disney then probably so
[2:18 PM] erejnion: 2000's Shaft is a combination of a peculiar superflat artstyle that came around as a combination from Shinbo and Oonuma and several of the other creatives there, a characteristic use of severe cost-cutting methods in the most creative way possible, and a tendency to overload the screen - with references in the background, or 4th wall breaking stuff in the foreground, and so on.
[2:19 PM] It's me: Yeah that's rather unique
[2:19 PM] erejnion: it's a deliberate style produced by several of the staff in Shaft back in these years, specifically for the sake of Shaft
[2:19 PM] erejnion: then the last decade we saw a lot of shows by other companies that were more Shaft-like than the actual Shaft shows, lol
[2:21 PM] It's me: Why aren't you making a treatise about it?
[2:21 PM] erejnion: I find it so obvious that the above is practically all I can say about it
[2:21 PM] erejnion: it's not like I've researched any of the inner workings of the studio, lol
[2:23 PM] It's me: You gonna take this idea with you to the grave huh.
[2:23 PM] erejnion: eh, the Shaft fandom knows it
[2:23 PM] erejnion: like the dude I linked you
[2:23 PM] It's me: I guess describing art is as difficult as describing psychosexuality
[2:24 PM] erejnion: https://fufufu.moe/a/res/32085.html#32394 this guy definitely gets it
[2:26 PM] It's me: Yeah but there's not much to go on unless one has the context.
[2:28 PM] erejnion: true
[2:28 PM] erejnion: you know what will happen now that you've convinced me this should exist somewhere on the internet?
[2:29 PM] erejnion: I'll just copy paste this chat in my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment