Sunday 13 April 2014

Stuff to follow up the previous post

Great shonen MC; builds a harem because he's forced to and then goes outside of it for his own personal reasons. No apologies, no excuses; takes his mistakes in stride and keeps his growth inside. He is what he is at the moment, take it or leave it, and now leads with his heart because his confidence is only stronger. This is the best end for a great character, and you don't have to be a girlfag to admit it.
some /a/non 
You know, after thinking about it, I'm happy that the time travel storyline happened. For all its faults, it provided the necessary time for both Keima and Elsie to complete their own character arcs. Neither of them were anywhere near end-game material at the the end of the goddess captures. For all the pacing issues, we certainly could have never pulled out the Elsie reveal without that chapter on her early life and her dream of her family, or Keima's confession without all his introspective reflections.

Still, I'm sad that TWGOK didn't become an epic. Most of the theories that popped up around here were legitimately good ideas with solid foundations in the story. It seems very likely to me that a good number of them probably were story plans that Wakaki considered and intentionally foreshadowed.

Even so, it certainly was an experience. I'm glad I read this series. I think I learned a lot from it. And I'm glad to have been able to share and discuss ideas with you all.

Because, as I will never stop reminding you, with regards to Final Boss Elsie, I FUCKING CALLED IT.
another /a/non

No comments:

Post a Comment